Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Examples of Multimedia

Select 2 examples of multimedia from Chapter 6 and discuss how you would incorporate them in your classroom.

One example of a type of multimedia to use in the classroom would be to use presentation software, such as powerpoint, during a vocabulary lesson. I would introduce new vocabulary words by using the slides to display the word, the word’s definition, and a photo, picture, clipart, and/or animation picture as an example of the word. Being able to use a visual example, such as a picture, to explain the word will help students make a connection with the word and real-life.

Another example of a type of multimedia to use in the classroom would be to create a classroom blog for students and parents. Since I teach first grade, I would be in control over entering items onto the blog. I could keep parents updated with daily events. I could scan samples of students' work and upload photos of classroom activities to display for parents and the students. I could even take another multimedia tool (a flip video) and record students performing a reader’s theater to share on the blog. I think a classroom blog would give students a great feeling of pride knowing their work would be seen online for others to view, causing them to work even harder to do their best!

No comments:

Post a Comment